Naples-Casco-Raymond Memorial Post 155


 Military Discharge Requests

If you are a veteran whose home of record at the time of entry into the service was the State of Maine, a copy of your DD-214 (or equivalent) may be on file at the Bureau of Veteran's Services.

Please click on the Application Request for Military Discharge link below if you request a discharge from the State of Maine and mail the application to the Bureau of Veteran's Services for processing.  For more information, please visit www.maine.gov/dvem/bvs/military_discharges.htm

Application Request for Military Discharge


The National Personnel Records Center (NPRC) has provided the following website for veterans to gain access to their DD-214s
online: http://vetrecs.archives.gov

This may be particularly helpful when a veteran needs a copy of his DD-214 for employment purposes. NPRC is working to make it easier for veterans with computers and Internet access to obtain copies of documents from their military files.

Military veterans and the next of kin of deceased former military members may now use a new online military personnel records system to request documents.

Other individuals needing documents must still complete Standard Form 180, which can be downloaded from the website. Because the requester will be asked to supply all information essential for NPRC to process the request, delays that normally occur when NPRC has to ask veterans for additional information will be minimized. The new web-based application was designed to provide better service on these requests by eliminating the records center's mailroom and processing time.

Please pass this information on to former military personnel you may know and their dependents.